A State of the Heart
A Couples Retreat designed with you in mind.
A Couples Retreat designed with you in mind.
Couples Retreat Weekend | Chester, CT
Please join Jack Pransky, Ph.D. and Lori Carpenos, LMFT for a Couples Retreat, “A State of the Heart,” in Chester, Connecticut at The Guesthouse Retreat and Conference Center. We have a wonderful weekend planned that will surely touch your heart. You will not be asked to participate in any way that doesn’t feel totally comfortable. Jack and I have plenty of stories to illustrate what we’ve learned throughout the years, and lots of deep listening exercises to share with you as well.
The cost for the weekend is $950 per couple which includes two nights at a lovely retreat center, four meals, snacks and beverages throughout the weekend and two facilitators, who have worked together since they co-authored Healthy Thinking, Feeling, Doing, from the inside out, in 1994. Jack and Lori have provided several day-long seminars as well as six month long “Training of Trainer” programs for educators and social service providers. Jack is a nationally known Prevention Specialist and has authored several books on the Three Principles that are at the core of every human experience. In addition to the weekend, you can schedule two telephone or email sessions with one of us if you would like some follow-up during the upcoming year.
In my experience, I have noticed that each individual in the couple gains as much for themselves as they do for the relationship. I think it’s the most efficient individual therapy one can experience, through our refection on the relationship. Furthermore, while in a Retreat setting away from typical routines and schedules, amazing things can, and often do, happen. having a condensed period of time to quiet your mind and reflect gently has the power to bring about insights that will last a lifetime.
Most relationships, no matter how solid and loving, suffer from some irritation and negativity. There may also be times when we feel misunderstood or unappreciated, or times when we feel a lack of warmth and closeness and may even wonder if we are still in love.
A State of the Heart:You can benefit from this retreat if you:
- Feel your relationship could, or must be improved
- Feel the negativity in your relationship is impacting your children
- Feel there may be more depth to your relationship than you currently realize
Do you wonder if there’s a better way—a way to stay together and still grow as an individual in the relationship? Couples can gain an understanding of the source, within themselves, of negative feelings and states of mind. They can understand the reasons we lapse into judgment and dissatisfaction with each other, and see how to move out of these emotional reactions with grace and ease. Couples can learn how to navigate difficult times with less seriousness and hostility, and move more quickly back into feelings of love and appreciation.
During our time together we will focus on:
- Improving your ability to listen to each other
- Understanding and learning from your partner, rather than trying to change them
- Minimizing negativity and blame in relationships
- Increasing feelings of connectedness, affection and love between couples
- Learning to communicate in ways that increase closeness, rather than create distance
- Principles that explain couples “separate realities” and differing points of view
Learning will take place through reflection, humor and light-heartedness. The goal for the workshop is for participants to gain a more philosophical perspective on life and relationships that allows us to function with increased peace of mind, compassion, wisdom and hope in our partnerships and in our families.
We will begin on Friday evening at 7:00 PM and end Sunday at 12:00pm.
Throughout the weekend we will:
- Explore the role of state of mind (moods) and dealing with “issues”
- Teach you quiet (non-judgmental) listening and appreciation for your partner’s “separate reality”
- Show you how the Principle of Thought works in relationships
- Apply an understanding of the principles of Mind, Thought and Consciousness to relationships
- Help you re-connect to love and good feelings—despite your current “issues.”
- Help you deepen your appreciation for the “wisdom of the relationship,” and see how to step back and foster the natural growth of this wisdom.
Through dialogue and experiential exercises, in an atmosphere of honesty and insight, we will learn from one another as we explore the Principles behind the human condition in order to foster a deeper understanding of yourself and your partner.
Please call Lori at 860-561-1919 with any questions you may have.